Welcome to my world....

Scroll to the bottom for My Favorite Things!!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Questionable Milk...........

I can cook!  I love to cook!  Creating a recipe with fresh ingredients.....spices and whatever I find in my refrigerator is my specialty.  So, when I am short on time, and have little imagination, dinner on the fly always throws me into a tizzy.  Tonight, I decided, at the last minute, to try an old stand by, Hamburger Helper.  My kids love this, and even though I think it tastes mediocre at best, I am always willing to make it for them.  So, after a mad rush through the grocery store, I am home, skillet heated and ready to make my masterpiece.  I have chosen the ground sirloin, because, I think this will only enhance the, ready in 20 minute, meal.  It is only after I have the burger browned and the water and dry ingredients in the pan, that I truly read the box..........(sigh)...this calls for milk.  Opening the fridge, I stare down the large carton of white liquid in the door.  When did I buy this?  It is still half full.  I pull out the jug with confidence and open the lid.....hmmmmm.  I smell it....questionable at best.  But, like the dinner warrior that I am....I proceed with confidence.  I pour out 1 3/4 cup.....stir my beefy mixture and just as I am about to pour the milk into the boiling goodness....LOGIC hits me....a small voice of reason pops into my head and says "wait."  Holding up.....I ponder my next action, why ruin a semi good meal and have to toss a pound of ground sirloin, forcing me to order a pizza? Then, as quickly as that good logic came into my head, it goes out.  I find myself lifting the measuring cup to my lips....and yes!!  I take a huge sip!   OMG!!!!  What on earth possessed me to do this, I have no idea,  but, a sour substance and a few lumps fill my mouth, causing me to gag....I run to the sink, spewing white chunks. After recovering, still shaking my head, I call out to my son to go borrow milk from the neighbor....ahhh....Logic has returned.  Have an excellent day!

No comments:

Post a Comment