Welcome to my world....

Scroll to the bottom for My Favorite Things!!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Things I can do without on facebook

I love facebook!  I am truly amazed that some kid thought this up and made it possible for old friends and family to connect, reconnect, share lives, photos and feelings. We now have the world at our fingertips.  But, there are a few things I could do without.

1.  The Poke War-  Ok, I get it.  You want someone to know you are thinking of them, so you give them a friendly virtual poke.  You don't really know what to say so a message would be silly and writing on their wall is so public.  But, a poke war?  What's the point?  Come on people...I poke you...you poke me...we are happy as can be (sung to Barney theme) over and done.

2.  Baby Talk Status-  This just makes you sound dumb!  We all know your child is adorable, ours were too.  Some things are cute....but, do we really need a bwow by bwow?

3.  Bible Thumping-  I love God.  You love God.  Enough said.  This does not include prayer, because that is always helpful.....(signing the cross so I don't go to hell)

4.  Spousal Abuse-  Ok.  Your husband is an ass!  He left you for another woman.  Get a grip, we get it and think he is a jerk too.  We really don't want to hear all about it.  We could careless, to be quite honest.  Besides, aren't your kids, mother, father and family on your friends list?  Wow....you have now taken the lower road.

5.  What you ate for lunch-  Unless it was extroadinary, 5 star or really funny.....STOP!  Nobody cares if you are in the McDonalds drive thru or ate a fricken banana.

6.  Duck Face-  I know....everyone does it....and to be quite honest, I think some are cute, if you are under 18...but after the umpteenth one, you no longer look cute, just retarded.

7.  Lucky %-  Really?  Go buy a lotto ticket.

8.  It's Complicated-  No shit!  It always is.  You are either single or married.  Period. 

9. Constant Whining/Anger-  Please throw in a good day every now and then.  It is depressing for the rest of us to know you are so unhappy. 

10. Obama Bashing-  He is President for two more years, deal with it!  The majority spoke....we are all poor, all working hard, all struggling, all worried about war..................so SHUT UP!

3 comments:

  1. Amen, Praise the Lord & pass the ammunition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisa...you are not a Bible beater...just a good Christian gal :) You forgot to poke me, purse your lips and tell me what you had for lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to ad that I am GUILTY of at least 8 of these....here is to reflextion at its' finest.

    ReplyDelete