Welcome to my world....

Scroll to the bottom for My Favorite Things!!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Nutted up by 8:00 AM

Warm and cozy....laying in bed....I know what is to come and I just want to enjoy some peace a little longer, before I turn into the raving morning lunatic that I become every day.....Here is a snip of my every morning :)

6:00am:  Alarm goes off...I reach over and hit the snooze button, I know that my clock is 15 minutes fast and it is really 5:45...I have some time.
6:15am:  I lay here thinking, running all of the things I have to do today through my head....Why is the cat sitting on my head?
6:21am:  Coffee!!  I wander into the kitchen and start the coffee.  Mmm the smell of Hawaiian hazelnut brings me to life.
6:25am:  Cup in hand, I wake the kids...."Good Morning" I say bright and cheery..."time to wake up!"  Grunts from both rooms.
6:33am:  No sounds....roust the kids again...."Time to get up"  now at least I get some acknowledgement.
6:40am:  Off to the kitchen to make breakfast....
6:43am:  Deliver bowls of cereal to each kid....both of whom are still laying in bed.  "Get up!"
7:00am:  second cup of coffee...make lunches
7:10am:  Kids are up...I yell "NOW, it is 7:10 you better be getting ready."
7:15am:  I assume they are getting ready (big mistake)
7:23am:  "It's 7:30"  I lie...hoping to hurry them up.
7:30am:  "Ok, now it is really 7:30!!" I yell out like some crazy alarm clock...because I now see that even though they are up, they are not dressed.....
7:35am:  "7:35!" 
7:37am:  "7:37!"  I am now at irritation mode
7:38am:  "Ok...I am getting in the car"  I threaten
7:40am:  I am sitting in the idling car, alone...tapping fingers on steering wheel..waiting....
7:43am:  still waiting, rev engine
7:45am:  Kennedy wanders out...."Mom, I think it is a half day, I don't need the lunch"   groan...."It's cold in here" (she says this every morning...I could set my watch by this statement.
7:47am:  Cole comes out....I ask.."Do you have your lunch?"  "No"....he goes back into the house, I am not even sure why I asked because I already know the answer.
7:50am:  We are finally off..!(does it really take 3 minutes to go back in the house and get an already packed lunch?  Yes...driving down the street, Kennedy rifles through my purse.."What are you looking for?" I ask...."Gum, I didn't have time to brush my teeth"  What?????  Cole then holds out his hand for gum as well......Really?
7:52am:  drop off Cole....I tell him to hurry because he has exactly 8 minutes to get across campus.....worms move faster.
7:53am:  (Cue moaning, complaining and heavy sighs here)as Kennedy complains...."I am late" "late again" "I will have to go through the office"  this goes on for the entire drive, every morning....as if she had nothing to do with the mornings events.
7:59am:  Pull up to school and someone is blocking the keep clear area to pull into the parking lot....Now cue my bitching...LOL
8:02am:  Sigh....they are off and this has been the longest two hours of my day.  No wonder I am crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment