Welcome to my world....

Scroll to the bottom for My Favorite Things!!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Thrill of the Hunt

I get off work and know I have a million things to do.....laundry, child pick up, dinner prep and bill paying loom in my horizon...but instead of turning left to get onto the freeway, I veer right and turn into the shopping center.  There it is.....Ross!  My blood races a little as I surge my car forward through the masses and seek out a parking spot.  I actually feel restless and agitated at other patrons of the over crowded shopping center, who I feel are being too slow, as I hunt out a prime parking spot.  Finally, I ease my car into its' place and hop out, practically racing to the front door.  A calm washes over me as I pull open the store door....I can smell it.....discount retail.... shopping.  As usual, I head straight to the shoe department, I mean, I am searching for a pair of beige pumps.  This is my justification for actually being in the store to begin with.  Slowly, I peruse each isle, carefully checking out every shoe.  Because, as we all know, when shopping at a discount merchandiser, the stock is ever rotating and you never know, a pair of cute flats or clearance priced boots may pop into view. I must be ready to pounce, like a hunter,  on a deal when presented to me.  Sigh, there is nothing in shoes that grabs my attention, but since I am here....maybe I will take a quick peek in the home accessories section.  (Insert angels singing here)  There it is.....a tall silver candle holder with a delicate muted brown glass shade, etched with silver streaks....mimicking a zebra pattern.  Oh...it is so pretty.  I pick up the item with care and gently turn it over....WHAT??  It is only $6.99???  Ok, I must have this.  Quickly I scan, in my head, rooms where this can go.  Shaking my head, I figure there are at least 4 rooms this will adorn and shine in, that and the price alone are reason enough to purchase such a beauty.  With a small smile of satisfaction, I walk to the register and triumphantly make my purchase.  A glow of satisfaction settles in my tummy.  I am so happy, and I can always try  the Macy's clearance racks tomorrow for the beige pumps :)  It's a sickness, I know!! 

3 comments:

  1. I have a Ross addiction, as well! I was SO jazzed when we got them here! I had only been to one in SF in 1999- my sickness is the linens! 600 thread count egyptian cotton for $29.99???????? SHUT UP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...here this...I was at Bed Bath and Beyond...728 thread count $78 OMG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I meant hear this...or here it is....ohhhh so dizzy when it comes to a great deal... :)

    ReplyDelete