Welcome to my world....

Scroll to the bottom for My Favorite Things!!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

To flush or not to flush?? That is the question....

There seems to be some great debate in my home.  A home with two adults, two teens and two bathrooms.  My theory is, when you poop and others are in the vicinity, Flush......then finish your business and flush again.  If you're home alone, do what you will.  My husband, on the other hand,  feels that he is in his own home, his domain, he is king of his castle and that he shall do as he pleases.  That the "courtesy flush" is only a courtesy when in the presence of strangers, at work, at a restaurant or other venue.  Hello??  Should I feel special that I and I alone am allowed to smell the funk?  Shouldn't the courtesy be extended to those you live with, the ones you love?  Personally, I could care less if a stranger thinks I am dying, I will never see them again and secretly I think it is hilarious when you are in a public bathroom and someone walks in and you hear them go "Uggggh"  Ha ha ha ha.  But, in all actuality I do courtesy flush all of the time,because it is only right.  I don't get it.  Who wants to sit in the funk?  I think my family has this phobia or fear, that if they flush...then they have to be done.  It's as if the swill justifies the outcome and if per chance it seeps under the door, wafting down the hallway making others gag, the more satisfying it must have been.  When I complain,my husband says "You are just wrong"  Huh?  I am wrong, (cough bullshit, gag)  I beg to differ...hang out as long as you want....toilet paper is cheap....bring a book....just don't let the smell fester.  FLUSH, FLUSH, FLUSH!!  This is not what I signed up for....where in the vows or the parenting hand book does it say, to have, hold, cherish and pretend all fowl smells are like a bunch of roses?  Don't think I am picking on my husband....the kids are the same.  They will be mortified that I blogged about this, but everybody poops.  It's not a secret.  Especially in my house.  I shit you not!

No comments:

Post a Comment